If you’re new to the concept of blogging and want to start a blog of your own, this super simple guide will show you exactly how to get started.
In this “How to Create a Blog” guide we’re going to walk you through the process of how to setup your domain name, web hosting, and installing WordPress.
Before doing so, let’s first cover the benefits and finer points of why SiteGround is the perfect web hosting solution for you and your blog.
Easiest WordPress Site Setup
No matter if you are starting your first website or blog, or already have an established WordPress site and looking to make the move to better and more reliable web hosting, you will enjoy a smooth and easy initial setup. Everything is in place and their team of WordPress experts are here to help you along the way!
Easy WordPress Launch
- 1 Click WordPress Installation
- Free Domain Name for Life
- Free Template and Installation
Free Site Transfer. No Hassle.
- Free Transfer of Existing Account
- Performed by WordPress Experts
- No Downtime for Your Website
How to Start a Blog with SiteGround Hosting
Step 1. Choosing your hosting plan
SiteGround has three different hosting plans to fit the needs for site owners and bloggers of all sizes. What’s even more exciting is that we’ve been able to make a special deal with SiteGround to offer our blog readers an insane 60% off their web hosting packages!
After clicking over to the SiteGround site through the link above, it will then be time for you to choose the hosting package that best fits your needs.
- The StartUp plan is perfect for people who wants to get started with their first website or blog
- The GrowBig plan is a great value for money offer and offers the ability to add unlimited web sites, blogs and domains to hosting plan. This package also includes “SuperCacher”, which greatly improves the performance and speed of WordPress and Joomla sites
- The GoGeek plan is perfect for anyone with e-commerce and larger sites, or more geeky development needs like staging and GIT integration
You will also notice the 60% discount for each hosting plan as well.
Step 2. Choosing Domain
After selecting your web hosting plan, it’s then time for you to secure your domain name. The amazing thing about SiteGround is that they provide you with a free domain name for life — which saves you $14.95 per year!
Step 3. Review and Complete
The last step of the process is to finalize your order and decide how you would like to pay for your web hosting plan.
Money Saving Tip:
SiteGround, unlike many other hosting providers, actually locks in your 60% discount no matter how you decide to pay for your hosting package.
The only decision you will need to make is if you want to pay $3.95 per month (with a $14.95 setup fee) or you can pay or a year in advance at just the $3.95 monthly rate and have the $14.95 setup fee waived.
After clicking the “SUBMIT” button, you will then receive an email with your account details.
Easy, right? The crazy thing is that it will probably take you longer to read the detailed guide above, then it will be for you to actually setup your hosting and get your blog running. It’s really that simple and easy!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission.