Airport advertising offers an innovative and flexible range of media opportunities, ranging from long-term and short-term indoor and outdoor advertising panels. Advertising availabilities include dramatic back-lit signage along each of the airport’s concourses and exciting other products to choose from.
Airport Advertising Statistics
- That there are 3.2 greeters, and well wishers for each traveler arriving or departing at the airport
- Your advertising works to a captive audience 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year
- Airport advertising is the lowest cost per impression available
- Each ad has a long exposure time assuring your message is seen
- We reach the decision makers and executives, who are frequent travelers
- A targeted market to the most affluent segment of the population
- Most affordable effective way to advertise in these modern times
- Adaptable to any business or product
Airport Travelers Demographics
Source: Roper Starch, Worldwide Sep. 1999
- 73% of all passengers are upscale business travelers
- 60% are male, 40% are female
- 59% are between the ages of 35 and 54
- 68% with HHI (Household Income) over $104,000
- 78% are college graduates
- 76% hold either professional or managerial positions
- 72% own a home
- 91% use travel agents
- 84% have access to the Internet from inside their office
- 91% have a home computer
- 89% have Internet access from their home computer
- 100% have 1 to 4 credit cards at their disposal
- 65% have made a major online purchase in the past six months
- 64% have a cell phone
- 55% have a laptop computer
- 40% use the Internet for travel planning
People notice moving objects when they are driving. Bus ads are eye-catching, unique and therefore memorable. There’s no clutter or other advertising distractions, especially at traffic lights where cars get stuck behind or beside bus ads for several minutes. Full wrap and tail wrap buses are so distinctive that people often remember them after one viewing. Bus advertising is available in a variety of sizes.
Bus: Standard Transit Advertising Sizes
Bus: Super King Size
This is the largest Bus Transit Poster available. It appears on the street side of the bus and is produced in four sections, the copy area measures 28″ H x 238″.
Bus: King Size
This poster appears on the curb side of the bus. Produced in 1 or 2 sections, it can be as large as 27″ H x 141″ W.
Bus: Queen Size
This poster usually appears on the curb side of the bus. Produced in 1 or 2 section, it can be as large as 30″ H x 88″ W.
These buses are cleverly wrapped in vinyl and take on the appearance of rolling billboard. The H reach allows you to create unlimited selling opportunities to all our prospects as opposed to the limited opportunities using other media.
Bus: Headlight and Taillight Displays
These displays are standard exterior advertising posters appearing on the front and rear of buses. Most headlights measure 21″ H x 44″ W overall. Taillights can measure as large as 21″ H x 72″ W.
It’s often difficult to reach an audience where there are no forms of outdoor such as billboards. Mobile trucks can reach just about anywhere. They are also excellent for targeting a specific place or event such a sporting event or a competitor’s business for recruitment purposes. These illuminated ads are the size of a 30-sheet poster (22′ x 10′) and provide the coverage flexibility no other outdoor provides.
- Product launches
- Recruitment campaigns
- Trade shows
- Ethnic target marketing
- Special event promotions
- Retail/restaurant grand openings
- Even general brand awareness in a specific area
To get the most out of your Outdoor advertising design, follow these < a href="/articles/advertising/outdoor-advertising-design-tips/">important outdoor advertising tips.
Outdoor: Uniface, Rotates and Permanents
These large illuminated displays deliver impact in size, placement, color and lighting.
Advertising on the Rotating (Rotary) type are physically moved every 60 days to new locations.
Permanent Bulletin advertising remains at the same location throughout the contract.
- Largest standard size Out-of-Home format
- Situated at the most visible, H-density traffic locales
- Bulletins rotate throughout the market at 60 days intervals
- UNIFACE offers a seamless creative canvas and flighting flexibility
- Extensions are available to further impact the visual dynamics
Outdoor: Uniface Bulletins
Hand or computer painted on a single flexible face material.
Outdoor: Regular Bulletins
Painted on movable wood sections
Outdoor: Bulletins Size & Copy Area
The copy area of most bulletins is 14′ H x 48′ W
Outdoor: Standard Bulletin Sizes
- 14′ H x 48′ W
- 20′ H x 60′ W
- 10’6″ H x 36′ W
- 10′ H x 40′ W
Outdoor Bulletin Extensions
Painted cut-outs and extensions are usually limited to 3-1/2 feet to 5-1/2 feet above, 2 feet on either side of the regular display area, and 1-2 feet on the bottom.
Outdoor Mechanical Specifications
See also Outdoor Billboard Sizes eBook
- Standard Bleed Poster: 10′ 7/8″ H x 23-11/16″ W
- Posted Standard Bulletins: 7″ H x 24″ W for printed bulletin posters (14′ H x 48′ W)
- Posted Deluxe Bulletins: 5-1/4″ H x 18″ W
Outdoor: 30-Sheet Posters (Bleeds and 30-Sheets)
These are the most common type of poster. Strategically placed 30-sheet Posters deliver advertising impressions throughout a market, not only to residents, but also to commuting traffic. Standard 30-Sheet Posters Size.
- Distributed throughout the market on primary and secondary arteries
- Delivers residents plus inbound and outbound commuters
- Builds awareness throughout the marketplace quickly and efficiently
- Posters are generally flighted and reposted at 4 week intervals
Outdoor: 30-Sheet Wrapped Poster Size
- Overall: 12′ 3″ H x 24′ 6″ W
- Live Copy Area: 10.5′ H x 22′ 8″ W
Poster panel copy area is always covered with printed paper. Utilizing the entire copy area of the panel, typically called a bleed poster, has the most impact. This is 14% larger than a 30-sheet (9′ 7″ H x 21′ 7″ W) design for a standard poster, which requires white blanking paper around the design.
Outdoor: 8-Sheet Posters
In Metropolitan neighborhoods or near point of sale, Eight Sheets often reach hard-to-get audiences that are only infrequently exposed to other print media.
- Nestled in the neighborhoods
- Pinpoint local businesses
- Reach hard-to-get pedestrian audiences
- Excellent for point-of-purchase targeting
Outdoor: Standard Eight-Sheet Poster Size
- Final Size: 5′ H x 11′ W
- Live Copy Area: 58″ H x 130″ W
- Mechanical Specifications: 10-1/2″ x 23-1/8″
Transit Shelter Posters
Transit Shelter Posters
These structures display 2-sided (back-to-back and back-lit). They provide both automotive and pedestrian exposure along prescribed routes, offering general market coverage.
Transit: Standard Shelter Poster Size
- Copy Area: 46″ W x 67″ H
- Subway posters reach the largest mass transit audience in the country
3.5 million people each and every day
- Captive audience with massive daily reach and frequency
- Delivers an average recall of 56%
Subway Car Cards Sizes
- 11″ H x 13-7/8″ W
- 11″ H x 27-7/8″ W
- 11″ H x 41-7/8″ W
- 22″ H x 21″ W (Premium Squares)
Subway Posters Sizes
- One-Sheet: 45″ H x 29-1/2″ W
- Two-Sheet: 45″ H x 59-1/2″ W
- Three-Sheet: 45″ H x 89-1/2″ W
- Urban Panel: 29-7/8″ H x 59-7/8″ W
- Clocks: 29-1/2″ H x 46-1/2″ W
Emerging New Media Types
- Street Furniture
- ATM Advertising
- Elevator Advertising
- Automobile Wraps