Our goal is to make you comfortable working with us, even if you’ve never experienced a professional TV commercial production.
To help meet those goals, we like to provide you with an general overview of our television commercial project process.
TV Commercial Project Process
Project Information Gathering
This is the first step in the process of creating your commercial.
A meeting is scheduled to discuss your project in detail. The purpose of this meeting is to determine your specific advertising needs, develop a strategic work plan outlining the key benefits of your product and/or service, communication goals, target audience, and perceptual challenges.
Information about your target market is also gathered to help define and differentiate your business/product from your competition.
Based on our consultation with you, the process of creating unique ideas is started. These may be based on ideas you provided during our initial meeting as well as new ideas developed by the creative team from scratch.
Note: If you already have an approved concept and script in place, we can move directly to the Pre-Production process.
Over the years we’ve learned that the execution of an idea into a full storyboard actually hinders the creative process because too much focus is placed on executional details instead of the core idea. To avoid this, creative ideas are presented as draft creative summaries – outlining the overall idea and key action points, dialogue, and/or voice-over.
Don’t miss these other broadcast resources!
- TV Production Budgeting Worksheet (PDF and editable .DOCX format)
- TV Production Estimate Form (5-pages. PDF and editable .DOCX formats)
- TV and Film Production Terminology eBook (46-pages)
- How to Create Broadcast Title Art Cards for TV and Film
- 24-frame, shot-by-shot storyboard template
- Film Footage Time Conversion Table
- Film Production Breakdown Sheet
- Film Scene Storyboard
Latest posts by Michael Kristof (see all)
- How to Create A SUPER Strong Password that’s REALLY easy to Remember - April 10, 2014
- Service was Quick - April 1, 2014
- Economic Development Brochure Design - March 3, 2014