Search engines generate nearly 90% of all Internet traffic and are responsible for 55% of all E-commerce transactions.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search engine optimization (also known as SEO) is the process in which your entire website — or selected pages — is modified in such a way that makes it easier for search engines to absorb page content while also helping to increase the overall ranking it assigns to each page. This ranking then determines where your site is listed within the Search Engine Results Pages (SERP) when a person uses specific keywords or phrases when searching for the products and/or services you offer.
Why SEO Is Important To Your Business
In the simplest terms, the higher your Web page appears in search results, the more traffic you will get.
Over half of search users click on an organic result on the first page, and more than half of those choose the first or second link.
Latest data indicates the number of searches continues to grow at a more than healthy pace, totaling about 131 billion in December 2009, a 46% increase over 2008.
Meanwhile, the number of Internet users rose just 3%, clearly showing that searching is becoming an ever more significant online activity.
A 2010 eye-tracking study by user experience research firm User Centric showed that organic search results were viewed 100% of the time and spent an average of 14.7 and 10.7 seconds looking at organic search results on Google and Bing.
Global Search Statistics
- More than 113 billion searches were conducted in July 2009, a 41-percent increase versus year ago.
- 4 billion searches per day
- or 175 million per hour
- or 2.9 million per minute
- Google Sites was the top search property worldwide with 87.8 billion searches in December (66.8% of global search market)
- Yahoo! Sites ranked second with 9.4 billion searches (up 13 percent)
- Microsoft Sites increased its search share to 4.1 billion searches on the strength of its new search engine Bing.
- The U.S. represented the largest individual search market with 22.7 billion searches (17% of global searches)
|Domain||Dec ’08||Dec ’09||% Change|
|Total Worldwide, Age 15+ – Home & Work Locations. Source: comScore qSearch|
Google Search Statistics
- Google currently has an search index of over 1 Trillion unique URLs (pages) and is growing by several billion pages per day.
- Google accounts for more than 66.5% of U.S. searches source: comscore
- Over 95% of site visitors find the sites they want through the most popular search engines and directories.
- Average Google searcher spends *less than* seven seconds looking at a search results page before they make a click decision. Which means, if your site isn’t listed within the top pages of search results, your business is losing traffic and sales.
Your Business Can Benefit From SEO Services
Our professional SEO packages are designed to help take your search engine marketing to the next level by developing a focused optimization strategy. It is geared towards businesses who understand the importance of search engine optimization and the difference it can make in making more sales by attaining higher search engine rankings and increased website traffic.
Latest posts by Michael Kristof (see all)
- How to Create A SUPER Strong Password that’s REALLY easy to Remember - April 10, 2014
- Service was Quick - April 1, 2014
- Economic Development Brochure Design - March 3, 2014